Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Digging It......


I have decided it's true, we terriers do like to dig, and I especially like to dig so that I can bury things. Laundry day, I love laundry day because that is when I get ahold of great things to bury, socks, underwear, anything small and stinky. Can you see the sock in my mouth? That was the second pair I got ahold of, the first pair you can see hiding in the dirt. I got caught burying it, so it wasn't as hidden as I would have liked. I'm not sure how I get caught, but somehow when they see the dirt on my face they just know I was digging and burying things. What, a dog can't have a dirty face without being accused of digging?! Sheesh.

After all that rooting in the laundry, racing away with my treasure to bury, and digging, I was pretty tired and I found a nice, cool place to sleep, on the COFFEE TABLE! After I cleared everything off, I could spread out and sleep....I didn't get to stay there long, I got kicked off (not really kicked, so don't freak, I was just told "Off" and off I went, grumbling the whole way).
Bummer, I liked that coffee table.

Hey Buster, thanks for the advice on how to get food, I prefer the sneak approach, I jump up unexpectedly on anyone not paying attention and bash into the arm holding the food, which then flies through the air for me. They seem to be catching on to my ploy, but it still occasionally works with the unsuspecting!

T-man I like the way you think, be good, get the freedom. But Opy, your plan sounds good, get the freedom and then do the "dogs gone wild", so tempting. But I do like to have the run of the living room, so I guess I had better stop doing things like sleeping on the coffee table.

Hey Liberty, a green bean, I'll have to try one of those, but I really want to got upgraded to the ice cream, that stuff just looks so good and tasty.

Ah well, it's been a great weekend, I stay with Judy again for a few days, I'll try to stay out of trouble.

7 comments:

T-man Angel said...

Hey Murphey - You look so peaceful napping on that coffee table. I'm sure you did that to give your mom a short break from retrieving those socks! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh socks the perfect toy! If you put a knot in them, it gives you excellent grip for tug!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Jay said...

Hey Murphey, you really love to dig yeah?

Sunshade said...

Hehehe...Murphey, I really do think they should have a digging contest for terrier just like they have diving contests for Labs and Retrievers!!

Was the coffee table cool to sleep on?? I have one here too big enough for me to sleep on, maybe I should try it next time I get hot!

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

e said...

haha classic pic of you asleep on the coffee table!
hey murphey, you're in the DWB xmas card swap, arent you?

Love
Fei & E

Murphey said...

Hey e and fei,

I'm not in the DWB x-mas card swap, but we'd love to be....how do we go about it? Or where can my lady find out about it?

Murph the dog

e said...

Hey Murph
Yup, go to DWB and log into the BONE ZONE ( forum). You should be able to see a thread about it.

You have till Nov 30 to sign up. I would like to send you a card regardless.

Love
Fei & E