Monday, November 20, 2006

After the surgery

I've been trying to rest after my surgery, but it's hard, I feel FINE I tell you. I think I could run, I could play at the dog park, but NOOOOOOOO, I'm supposed to rest, yeah, okay, bored is more like it. So here are some pictures of me "resting."

I do have to admit that laying in the sun did feel mighty nice, I snoozed for quite some time, and I kept curling up more and more as the sunny area got smaller, just trying to keep that sun on me.


I have this big, brown, round dog bed that I love. My lady thinks it is ugly, but I love it. When we don't have company my big old brown bed gets to hang out in the living room. When we do have company my lady actually hides the big old brown bed and brings out "the company dog bed" that matches the blue walls and yellow couch, but I refuse to lay on it. Why she even brings it out is beyond me, but people are strange that way. So there I was looking around cause I didn't like where the bed was! . Hmmmmmm, I started pulling it, pushing it, I even tried to throw it around. Now, it might have looked like I was just playing with it, but I had a purpose, I wanted it over by the couch where my lady was sitting!
Can you see me, sitting on the bed where I moved it to? Right next to the couch, in front of the hallway so I can keep out intruders, and I can see the front door, the window and the TV all at the same time! Hootie HOOOOOO, what more could a dog want? actually I could want a lot more, but hey, I take what I can get.


My lady said to tell you, don't look at the sheet on the couch in the picture, that's the dog dirt protector (what DIRT?!), and it gets taken off when company comes over. So, if you ever knock and want to come in, You'll hear my lady say, "Just a minute!" And then she will run around like a whirling dervish and tear the sheets off the couches, grab the ugly dog bed, fling it in to her bedroom, grab the pretty bed, kick the toys into the corner, and throw open the door with a smile on her face. Once again, people are weird.

Gotta go rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're doing so well lil guy. Tell your mom she needs leather couches. My mom never worries, all the crap just wipes off.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

T-man Angel said...

Murphey - My mom thinks I have dirt on my paws too, which is outrageous, I agree! She covers the couch and bed with silly slipcovers and the car seat with towels. I think it looks unsightly.

Glad to hear you're doing better, my friend. You'll be back to your old self soon.
T-man

Sunshade said...

Hehehe.... life with a dog!! Your lady is brave to use a white couch, I know if we had that at home, it would be brown in no time since I dig dig dig dig dig and did I mention DIG??

We have those dirt sheets too on our couch that is actually a sofa bed and it's almost never in the couch position only the bed position cause I like to lie in the middle and get all stretched out..... it's in that position even when mum's friends come over, and they sit on the floor....

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Fu Fu said...

Murphey, I like your big, brown, round dog bed.. And It's real nice of you to try to sit near where you can observe around you. :)
Hope you get back to your old self soon

~ fufu