Thursday, May 01, 2008

Bee Stings Suck!

After our walk I was waiting at the door to be let in and this DA*& thing stung me, OUCH!

Can you see it? It was a bee and it really hurt. I started licking and nipping at my foot and then I ran inside and kept running around with my one paw held up. When the lady sat down I jumped up on her and begged her to make it STOP hurting. She tried, she really did, she looked for the stinger (I think I pulled it out when I was licking and biting), then she washed it in a baking soda and water paste, she gave me a benedryl to help prevent an allergic reaction, and then she tried to put an ice pack on it.....tried, but I wouldn't let her.

She had to call work and say "I have to stay home and watch and make sure Murph doesn't have an allergic reaction to the be sting." (Is that like the dog ate my homework?)

She stayed home all morning and all I did was this:

That Benedryl makes me sleep every time. But when I woke up my leg didn't hurt any more and I was just fine.

Let me tell you, bee stings really suck!

7 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Murphey!
I am so sorry to hear about that mean bee!
Glad you are feeling better now! And your lady was at home with you! I think that was that made the trick!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sparky said...

Ouch! That must have been scary, eh? That was really nice of your human to stay home to look after you. I'm so glad you're feeling better now!

A few years ago I was sniffing a bee, and then it stung me on the nose! That really hurt, but it didn't swell very much, so I was okay.

Bee stings really do suck!

Sparky

Joe Stains said...

BEES SUCK! omdog, I have never been stung and I hope I never am! I wonder if I can give Tanner some of that benadryl junk!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Ouch. I hope your paw is better now. Good thing your lady stayed home to take care of you

~ Girl girl

Maggie & Mitch said...

Your mom took excellent care of you, Murphey! We're so glad you're feeling better!
We love to Airesnap at bees and try to eat them! Not too bright, huh?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Peanut said...

My mom keeps benedryl in the house just for me since I like to get bit and stung by stuff. Glad you didn't have a big reaction.

T-man said...

Ooh, bee stings are the WORST!! That was nice of your lady to stay home with you. I'm sure she was really worried. They can be dangerous for some people, and doggies. I'm glad you're OK now.