Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Chasing Lesson

As all you pups out there know, I like to run, I like to be chased, I like to jump and twist and taunt other dogs with my super speedy feets. So it was time for the Reilly man to learn his number one job around here, to chase me. A good chase always starts with a taunt, so I grab the first thing that looks super tempting a super noisy water bottle. (k here: yeah, he grabbed my water bottle, he loves those things) I grabbed that bottle and then ran supper close to the Reilly man.
Come on DUDE, CHASE ME AND TRY TO GET THE WATER BOTTLE!!!!!!

Oh yeah, we're off! Look at him leaping after me, he sure can jump with those short legs!

Hey, No BITING!
Wow, you almost caught me, airborne Reilly! (Not aireborne, 'cuase we ain't Airedales!)
Wow, getting kinda close there.

Hey, whoa, don't just run around, chase me! Do you see me way in the top of the photo, towards the left? I'm watching him run AWAY from me. Doesn't he get it the game is chase, not run away!

Hey, nice form, crappy picture though!
Hey look, he can jump tall buildings with a single bound! Or at least jump up onto a deck 12 inches off the ground, GREAT JOB REILLY. Keep practicing and you'll be able to jump up on the couch in no time. Well, he mighta missed out on the part where he was supposed to be CHASING ME, but he sure does have good running form.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Job Murph... some pups just don't catch on quite as quick as you. You are a natural blur heheheheheh! When are you going to teach Reilly how to drive?


Loves,
Tofu

Lorenza said...

Hi, Murphey.
That chase me game didn't last a lot! But, I think there is no one who can keep your pace!
You need to go on with those lessons, that way you two will have great time playing together!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Molly the Airedale said...

Reilly is really coming along Murph! You're doing a great job with him!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Joe Stains said...

Wow, pretty awesome job Reilly! You are a great teacher Murphey, but maybe you need to tie some chicken around your neck so he doesn't get distracted so easily??

Chelsea said...

Great photos Murphy.

My regards to your photographer.

xoxo
Chelsea

Lizzy said...

I liked the pictures. You both are good runners!

Sparky

Ben & Darling said...

Haha poor Reilly. Eventhough he cannot get you but I guess he having fun chasing you. Well done Murphey.

T-man Angel said...

Ooh, that looks like a blast! And what a nice yard you have to run in.

The Airechicks said...

Hey Murphey & Reilly:

Nice pics - that great chasin'

Bella said...

Great action photo's and story Murph. Reilly maybe didn't totally get it just yet but at leats he got it a bit & did the runing & chasey for a little while!!
Wuffs
Bella

Luckie Girl said...

I also wanna know when you are going to teach Reilly driving!! That would be really fun.

Stanley said...

Murph,

That good running form is a start. You can't teach that, you're just born with it.

Hey, and as far as I'm concerned, you don't have to be an actual Airedale to get Aireborn! I think of you as an honorary dale anyway (which is, among us dales, the highest form of compliment, buddy).

Keep up the training (and are you getting any extra compensation for said training?)

Goober love,
Stanley